2 boys electrocuted to death while playing in Vietnam

By Thien Nhan, Thanh Nien News

Email Print

The front yard of the house in Ninh Thuan Province's An Thanh 1 Village where two boys died of electrocution Saturday The front yard of the house in Ninh Thuan Province's An Thanh 1 Village where two boys died of electrocution Saturday
Two boys died of electrocution while playing in a village in the south central province of Ninh Thuan Saturday.
Nguyen Hien Tinh, 12, and Tran Lam Phuong, 13, arrived at a house in An Thanh 1 village in An Hai commune to see people prepare for a wedding in the front yard.
They then joined local children to play hide-and-seek.
When their families did not see them even after it turned dark, they became worried and rushed to the villager’s house and found the boys sitting dead beside an iron pole in one of the tents the family of the villager had put up for the wedding that day.
They said the boys were hugging each other. Phuong's body was singed and Tinh had a bruise on his forehead.
Investigations found the pole to be electrified.
Police said the people who erected the tents may have carelessly wound uncovered electric wires round the pole.
Tinh and Phuong possibly tried to hide behind the pole and were electrocuted, the police said.
The investigation is continuing.

Like us on Facebook and scroll down to share your comment

More Society News