13-year-old boy electrocuted when charging phone: police

Thanh Nien News

Email Print

The site where Le Minh Thong, 13, was electrocuted while using a phone on October 19, 2015. Photo credit: VTC News The site where Le Minh Thong, 13, was electrocuted while using a phone on October 19, 2015. Photo credit: VTC News

RELATED NEWS

Ho Chi Minh City police are looking into the death of a 13-year-old boy who was electrocuted on Monday while charging a phone.
The victim, Le Minh Thong, was visiting his uncle in Binh Tan District on Monday evening when the incident happened.
His relatives said he had gone upstairs, saying he would play games on a phone while charging it.
They later found him being electrocuted and rushed him to Binh Tan District General Hospital but he had died.
Local media reported that the wiring at the house is old and not safe. 
Police are investigating the case.
It was the second incident involving a charging phone within a month in Vietnam.
On September 20, a 24-year-old pregnant woman in Nghe An was electrocuted when using an unauthorized third-party iPhone charger.

More Society News