Around 100 motorbikes were burnt during a blaze at a motorbike shop in Kon Tum Province in Vietnam's Central Highlands early Saturday.
The fire started at around 4 a.m. at the Yamaha motorbike shop on Tran Phu Street and was put out by four firetrucks in one hour.
All the bikes were reduced to their frames, and the damage caused to the shop is estimated at more than VND2 billion (US$96,000).
The shop owner Le Van Nam and his two children were saved while they were sleeping inside as the fire fighters pulled down a wall of the shop. It took them too long to open the iron doors at the front.
Dang Tang, a neighbor living next to the shop, said "I heard small explosions before I saw the fire. I shouted and banged the doors for very long but could not wake Nam up."
Police said the fire had spread fast due to gas tanks and different kinds of inflammable fluids used in the bike shop.
They suspect electrical leakage from some of the bikes started the fire.