A telecom worker was fatally electrocuted and four of his colleagues injured while erecting a post in the north-central Vietnamese province of Nghe An Sunday.
The accident occurred at 5:20 pm when five workers from the Ky Son District Telecommunications Center were installing a base transceiver station (BTS) near a high-voltage electricity grid in Muong Xen Town.
The 110KV wire touched a metal portion of the BTS, electrocuting the workers who fell unconscious.
Nearby residents rushed them to hospital, but Ho Van Hieu, 31, was pronounced dead on arrival.
Three men Lo Van Thiet, Lo Van Phu, and Nguyen Quang Trung and a woman, Lo Thi Chuyen, are being treated at the Nghe An General Hospital for their injuries.
Police are investigating the accident.