Vietnamese doctors remove nail from toddler’s stomach

By Thanh Dung, Thanh Nien News

Email Print

RELATED NEWS

Doctors in the Mekong Delta province of An Giang removed a two-centimeter nail from the stomach of a two-year-old boy on Monday.
The boy’s family said he accidentally picked up the nail and swallowed it.
He was rushed to An Giang General Hospital where doctors found the nail inside his stomach.
Later the same day the doctors successfully removed it.
If the nail was not detected as early, it may have pierced the toddler’s small intestine, according to the doctors.

More Health News