Vietnam doctors remove battery cell from boy's stomach

TN News

Email Print

Doctors at Hue Central Hospital in central Vietnam have removed a battery cell from the stomach of a four-year-old boy who swallowed it after it fell out of a TV remote control.

Tran Nhu Nguyen Phuong, head of the hospital's endoscopy department, said doctors removed it using a flexible endoscopic tube inserted into his mouth.

The boy, identified only as N. M., was brought to the hospital on January 25 and discharged soon afterwards.

His family said M. was watching TV with his 12-year-old sister when the cell fell out and he swallowed it.

Phuong said the boy was lucky since he was treated early.

If it had taken a bit longer, the cell could have moved into the intestines and necessitated a surgery.

Even more dangerously, the battery would have broken up after some time and caused intestinal problems, he said.

Like us on Facebook and scroll down to share your comment

More Health News