Two die after eating tainted pork

TN News

Email Print

Two person died after eating meat of sick pigs in the central Vietnamese province of Quang Tri Sunday, a local official said Monday.

The latest victim, 52-year-old Doan Quang Hoang, ate the pork together with his friend, 44-year-old Doan Ngoc Hy on April 25.

Hy then fell sick and was admitted to Quang Tri General Hospital, where he died later the same day.

Meanwhile, Hoang fell sick the next day and was hospitalized.  Due to critical conditions, he died as well, according to Pham Van Kien, chairman of Trieu Long commune.

According to VnExpress, tests showed that they contracted streptococcus suis bateria from sick pigs.

More Health News