Two dead, 12 hospitalized after drinking rice wine at wedding

TN News

Email Print

Two people were dead and 12 others hospitalized after drinking rice wine at a wedding in the Mekong Delta province of An Giang earlier this week.

Another man who attended the wedding is in critical condition. 

The wedding took place on Monday at the house of Le Van Nien in Chau Phu District. Nien ordered 90 liters of rice wine for his son's wedding.

The following morning, many guests who drank the wine reported dizziness, headaches and vomiting.

Le Van Dang, Nien's 43-year-old brother-in-law, had the most serious symptoms of poisoning. He was rushed to hospital and died on Wednesday.

On Thursday, a 27-year-old man named Chi died at the An Giang General Hospital after two days of treatment.

Tri was reported to be normal after he left the wedding ceremony, but he had headache and vomited at home one day later.

A man named Ky is in critical condition after drinking wine at the wedding.

According to the An Giang General Hospital, 12 guests are still being treated at the hospital. They all have headaches, vomiting, dizziness and diarrhea.

Health officers of Chau Phu District tested wine samples and said the wine had excessive methanol content.

They are still investigating the case.

More Health News