Tourists hospitalized for food poisoning in central Vietnam

TN News

Email Print

Twenty tourists were hospitalized for food poisoning after eating breakfast at a resort in the central province of Nghe An on Saturday.

The tourists were rushed to the hospital after they developed stomachaches, diarrhea and vomiting on the way to a tourist site in Nam Dan District on Saturday morning.

Doctors at Cua Dong General Hospital in Vinh City said the tourists had food poisoning, but they did not know the exact cause.

The tourists said they had previously eaten breakfast at Bai Lu Resort in Nghi Loc District. They ate a variety of dishes, including beef paste, dumplings, fetal duck eggs, cucumber salad, fried rice, fried eggs and eel porridge.

After the breakfast, they checked out of the hotel and boarded a car for Nam Dan District, at which point they fell sick.

The tourists are employees of Hanoi-based International Medical Consultants Co., Ltd.

They have all recovered after treatment.

More Health News