Swallowed sword cuts Vietnamese street performer's gullet

TN News

Email Print

A street performer was hospitalized in southern Vietnam Tuesday after a sword he swallowed injured his gullet.

The 19-year-old, only identified by his initials C.P.L., found blood on the 20-centimeter sword after taking it out of his mouth.

Tests at the Vinh Long Province General Hospital found a hole on his gullet, and he was sent to Ho Chi Minh City for treatment.

Doctors at Cho Ray Hospital said the hole was around two centimeters wide and near the heart, a vulnerable area.

The man gained consciousness by Thursday evening, but remained in intensive care.

Pham Van Dong, a senior surgeon at Cho Ray, said such injuries are dangerous since they can get fatally infected.

Even if an injury heals, it would leave scars that narrow the gullet, he added.

Like us on Facebook and scroll down to share your comment

More Health News