Second victim dies after eating insects in central Vietnam

By Hua Xuyen Huynh, Thanh Nien News

Email Print


Another man died in the central province of Quang Nam after eating insects with two others for breakfast last week.
Quang Nam General Hospital late Monday confirmed the death of Pham Phu Nhan earlier on the same day, saying the cause was poisoning.
Earlier on April 20, Nhan invited two of his neighbors over for breakfast at his home in the province’s mountainous district of Tien Phuoc.
They reportedly had rice with tomato soup and fried insects. It has not been confirmed which species they were.
Before the meal was over, they suffered severe abdominal pain and vomited blood.
They were rushed to a district clinic but one of the neighbors, 45-year-old Vo Dinh Lam, had died.
Nhan was transferred to the Quang Nam General Hospital on the following day in critical condition, including kidney failure and low blood pressure. He died on Monday.
The other victim, 22, was discharged on April 23. The hospital has admitted him to monitor his health following the two deaths.

More Health News