Around 60 people who attended a party at a restaurant in the resort town of Nha Trang were rushed to hospital early Sunday with signs of food poisoning.
Doctors at three hospitals told the media that the patients were repeatedly vomiting and suffered from stomach ache from 4a.m. to 4p.m. Sunday.
All were employees of The Ky real estate company, which had earlier organized a tour of the town for nearly 1,000 people.
After an internal beauty contest, the company threw a party at the restaurant Saturday night.
Nha Trang health officials said Sunday afternoon they have taken food samples from the restaurant for investigation, adding that more than a dozen of the victims were still in hospital.