More than 70 workers, including several pregnant women, were hospitalized with food poisoning symptoms in Ho Chi Minh City on Wednesday and Thursday.
Initial information was that the workers from the Takson Vina Company, a South Korean-owned firm in Hoc Mon District, were admitted to the hospital after vomiting and suffering from dizziness and high fevers, after eating lunch on Wednesday.
Later Thursday, except for the pregnant victims, their conditions stabilized and half of the workers were released from the hospital.
Dr. Nguyen Thi Huynh Mai, deputy chief of HCMC Agency for Food Safety and Hygiene, said the Tu Anh Company in Binh Chanh District had supplied Takson Vina with the meal.
The food provider had been suspended earlier following food poisoning cases that affected 183 workers of two different companies in District 12 on July 3-4.
It was then determined that the company had violated food safety and hygiene regulations.
However, despite the suspension the company did not discontinue its services.
Inspectors are coordinating with related agencies to handle the situation.
Like us on Facebook and scroll down to share your comment