The Dong Nai Health Department on Monday ordered an inspection of a private clinic after a child perished there last Thursday,following a vaccination.
Tu Thanh Chuong, Director of the Department, said the 5-year-old child, Duong Ngoc Hai Thuy, was brought to Viet My (Vietnam-American) Saigon clinic with a high fever.
A doctor named Phuong administered an injection of Gentamycin TB, an antibiotic used to treat infections.
The child died following the innoculation and officials from the southern provincial health department concluded that the injection caused the child to go into shock.
The clinic gave the family VND100 million (US$5,135) following the incident and the family promised they wouldn't file a lawsuit.
Doctor Nguyen Ngoc Doan from Dong Nai Health Department said the clinic was not licensed for medical operation because it failed to meet all the necessary requirements.