Doctors warn of contagious brain inflammation in Vietnam metro

TN News

Email Print

Doctors in Ho Chi Minh City have warned of the outbreak of a fatal type of encephalitis that has affected five co-workers.

The disease was caused by Neisseria, a large genus of commensal bacteria that colonize in the mucosal surfaces of many animals, and quickly kill the infected body.

HCMC Tropical Diseases Hospital is treating a 29-year-old patient with the disease. He was admitted with red spots from underskin bleeding and fever, news website VnExpress reported.

Nguyen Van Vinh Chau, director of the hospital, said a woman who is co-worker of the man was also received at the hospital around three weeks ago with the disease.

They both had blood infection and were co-workers at a company in District 7.

Doctors at the hospital suspected the coincidence and contacted the district health authorities, who then confirmed that three other workers from the company fell sick with similar symptoms.

Authorities are taking step to quarantine the outbreak.

Doctors said the condition spreads through the respiratory tract and will lead to meningitis and blood infection.

Like us on Facebook and scroll down to share your comment

More Health News