4-year-old in Vietnam swallows twinkling Christmas light

TN News

Email Print

A four-year-old boy was hospitalized in Ho Chi Minh City Sunday after swallowing the metal cap of a Christmas light which got stuck in one of his lungs.

 

Doctors at Children's Hospital No.1 performed a surgery to remove the holder, which was as large as the thick end of a chopstick.

 

The boy was brought from the Mekong Delta province of Tra Vinh Province by bus, and he had difficulty breathing during the four-hour trip.

 

Newswire VnExpress quoted his parents -- without identifying them --as saying he broke off the bulb and swallowed the cap.

 

The father said they rushed the boy to hospital after they failed to find the holder.

 

Doctors said it was lucky the boy was not electrocuted.

 

More Health News