25 tourists hospitalized with food poisoning in Mui Ne

TN News

Email Print

Twenty-five Vietnamese tourists were hospitalized Wednesday with food poisoning after having dinner at a restaurant in the Mui Ne resort area in the south central province of Binh Thuan.

The tourists, including four children, were rushed to hospital at around 3 a.m. after they developed fever, diarrhea, and vomiting while they were sleeping in a guest house in Mui Ne.

Doctors at Mui Ne General Hospital said the tourists had food poisoning, but they did not know which food had caused it.

The previous evening, the tourists  among a group of 56 teachers from the Hung Vuong Secondary School in Dong Nai Province and their families  had dinner at the Thanh Long Restaurant in Mui Ne.

They ate a variety of dishes, including seafood like cuttlefish, cockles and fish.

On Thursday morning, all the 25 tourists were discharged from the hospital after treatment.

A day earlier, a group of officers from Binh Thuan Province's Food Hygiene and Safety Department collected food and drink samples from the Thanh Long Restaurant  for testing.

They said results of the tests will be publicized in the next few days.

More Health News