Health authorities in the central province of Quang Nam are testing samples of food served at a death anniversary party on April 19 after 154 attendees were hospitalized with food poisoning symptoms.
The victims were admitted to the Duy Xuyen District Heath Center between noon and 8 p.m. on April 19 after the party which was held that morning, serving mainly beef dishes, Tuoi Tre newspaper reported Monday.
The health center reported those admitted were suffering from vomiting and diarrhea, adding that 15 children and 16 people over 70 were among the victims.
Later that day 38 patients were transferred to Vinh Duc Hospital and Quang Nam General Hospital, because the number of patients exceeded the health center's capacity, according to the newspaper.
Like us on Facebook and scroll down to share your comment