1 dead, 4 hospitalized in central Vietnam after eating dead pig

TN News

Email Print

One person died of food poisoning after eating pork while four others were hospitalized in serious condition Sunday in the Central Highlands province of Gia Lai, Vietnam News Agency reported.

Siu Pot, 61, succumbed at home in Ayun Pa town following a four-day bout of diarrhea and vomiting after eating a meal at a neighbor's.

The condition of the others, his neighbors, who were only taken to hospital after Pot's death, has stabilized, Dr Phan Dinh Dong of Ayun Pa Hospital said.

According to Pot's family, he found a dead pig outside the local airport and took it to the house of Ro Yol, 55, his neighbor.

They cooked the pig and invited Yol's brother-in-law Kpa Brong, 61, wife Kpa H'Nar, 55, and niece, Kpa H'Lien, 7, to eat with them.

The meat was also shared among the families for cooking later.

They reportedly developed the symptoms almost immediately after eating, but did not go to hospital.

Like us on Facebook and scroll down to share your comment

More Health News