Pick up the latest issue of Vietweek for only VND6,800 every Friday.
Our free home delivery service is available in most districts in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. Please contact your nearest post office for other delivery options.
March 21 - 27, 2014
Wipe those smiles off?
Ho Chi Minh City's drive to stop street revelry and beer guzzling in backpacker areas not a well-considered move
Vietnam Airlines move to check rampant smuggling by its flight crew makes scapegoats of honest staff, critics say
An informal investigation into canine thievery and mob lynching concludes with a reason to stop bitching about eating dog meat
Belatedly, Vietnamese experts wake up to the danger of being addicted to foreign investment and the resultant loss of self-reliance
Investors are unhappy that foreign ownership cap remains unchanged despite apparent tinkering with rules
White man’s burden
Many tourists and expatriates continue to carry the invisible backpack of white privilege in very visible ways in Vietnam
A southern Vietnamese art form that permeates the daily lives of residents gets a fresh lease of life with UNESCO recognition
The Golden Kite awards takes a refreshing break from hype and hoopla to focus on long term, quality-driven initiatives
The relocation of a weekly market in the Dong Van Plateau has not resulted in the loss of its unique charms – the people and their ways of life
Dutch woman on quest to record beautiful moments in others’ lives gets responses exceeding expectations
Condemned to repeat
History is replete with instances of Washington engineering the overthrow of elected governments, and an Australian experience shows no country is safe from such machinations
Check the rates here, or send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
SELECT NEWSSTANDS IN HO CHI MINH CITY
• 157 Tran Quang Khai Street., Dist. 1
• 114 Nguyen Du St., Dist. 1
• 9 Le Thi Rieng St., Dist. 1
• 108 Bui Vien St., Dist. 1
• The corner of Ky Dong and Tran Quoc Thao, Dist. 3
• 73 Nguyen Khac Nhu St., Dist. 1
• 193 Bis Ly Chinh Thang St. , Dist. 3 (the corner of Ba Huyen Thanh Quan and Ly Chinh Thang)
• 149 Hoang Dieu St., Dist. 4
• Q24 Nguyen Huu Hao, St., Dist. 4
• Kiosk 17 at the corner of Tran Phu-Nguyen Trai, Dist. 5
• 492 Hau Giang St., Dist. 6
• 914 Hau Giang St., Dist. 6
• 266 Huynh Tan Phat St., Dist. 7
• 209 Nguyen Thi Thap St., Dist. 7
• 229 Duong Ba Trac St., Dist. 8
• 367 Pham The Hien St., Dist. 8
• 539 Cach Mang Thang 8 St., Dist. 10
• 531F Cach Mang Thang 8 St., Dist. 10
• 246 Tran Mai Ninh St., Tan Binh Dist.
• 112 Binh Gia St., Tan Binh Dist.
• 425 Huynh Van Banh St., Phu Nhuan Dist.