* February 18-19 (Friday-Saturday): A New Year's Concert lead by Japanese conductor Tetsuji Honna will be held at the Hanoi Opera on 1 Trang Tien Street. The concert will feature piano soloist Isadora Kim and members of the Vietnam National Symphony Orchestra. Ticket prices will range from VND150,000 to VND450,000 and will be available at the Opera House. For free delivery, contact Mr. Do Phuong at 0913 489 858.
* February 22 (Tuesday): EuroCham Business Luncheon, "Industrial Espionage - Causes and Prevention - Protection of Confidential Information in Foreign Affiliates" will be held from 11:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Park Hyatt Saigon's ground floor Ballroom, 2 Lam Son Square, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City. Dr. Roman Hummelt, author of the espionage reference book "Industrial Espionage - Strategic Risks and Prevention" will be the principal speaker. Fee: VND600,000 for EuroCham members and co-hosts and VND900,000 for non-members. For registration or further information, contact Ms. Thuy at email@example.com or call (08) 3 727 2715
* Through February 22 (Tuesday): Artist Bang Lam, former vice chairman of the Vietnam Art Association, is holding his first solo exhibition featuring 15 oil paintings depicting scenes from his wife's hometown in Vietnam's rugged Northern mountains. The images captured in "Ta Van Que Vo" were all gathered in Ta Van, which is located at the South Center of Sapa. The exhibits are on display daily at the Fine Arts Exhibition House, 16 Ngo Quyen Street, Hanoi
* February 24 (Thursday): The film "Monsters, Inc." (produced in 2001) will be screened from 2 - 4 p.m. at the American Center, 1 st floor Rose Garden Tower, 170 Ngoc Khanh Street, Hanoi. To register for the event, visit the American center's website at http://vietnam.usembassy.gov/am ericancenter.html.
* February 24 (Thursday): The play La douleur ("The Pain") will be featured at L'Espace, 24 Trang Tien Street, Hanoi, starting at 8 p.m. The play is based on the autobiography and diary of Marguerite Duras and is set after the liberation of Paris in World War II. The play depicts Duras as she awaits the return of her husband from a prison camp. Moninique Blanc (Moliere Award for Best Actress 2010) will play Marguerite Duras. Tickets cost VND200,000, 150,000, and 100,000. Students and members of L'Espace will enjoy a 50 percent discount on tickets.