* March 4 (Friday): The Consular Club of Ho Chi Minh City will organize its annual Charity Art Auction at Sherwood Residence, 127 Pasteur Street, District 3 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The Art Auction is slated to showcase paintings, decorative art and photographs from both Vietnamese and expatriate artists. One of this year's highlight items is an antique Uchikake wedding kimono. For further information, contact Mrs Heleen Schellaars, President of the Consular Club, email: email@example.com.
* March 4 (Friday): Isabelle and Florence Lafitte, a twin sister piano duo, will perform at the Ho Chi Minh City Conservatory of Music, 112 Nguyen Du Street, District 1, starting at 8 p.m. The classically trained world-travelers graduated from the National Music Conservatory of Lyon and went on to train at the Manhattan School of Music, and the Franz Liszt Academy, in Budapest. Tickets cost VND100,000, 150,000 and 200,000 (50% discount for students).
* March 5 (Saturday): Cabaret Music Night will be held from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the French Cultural Center, or L'Espace, 24 Trang Tien Street, Hanoi. The event is open to song-writers and singers (French, Vietnamese or English). To participate in the event, contact Anne-Marie Coquelin at anne-marie. firstname.lastname@example.org v.fr. Admission is free.
* March 6 (Sunday): The Vietnam Museum of Ethnology will hold a series of Vietnamese Folk Singing performances as part of its effort to showcase ca tru (an ancient Northern Vietnamese genre of chamber music featuring female vocalists), which was recently recognized as a UNESCO World Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity. Tickets are VND25,000 for adults, VND3,000 for kids and VND5,000 for students and will go on sale at the museum on Nguyen Van Huyen Street, Cau Giay District, Hanoi. The show will begin at 9 a.m.
* March 10 (Thursday): A special evening "Spring Jazz Concert 2011" performance by the leading Vietnamese jazz band, Nguyen Tuan Nam's Jazz Trio, will start at 8 p.m. at the Hanoi Opera House, 1 Trang Tien Street. The band consists of Nguyen Tuan Nam (jazz piano soloist), Dao Minh Pha (double bass) and Nguyen Hung Cuong (drum). Tickets can be purchased at the Opera House for VND150,000-700,000.
For free ticket delivery, call 0913489858 (Mr. Do Phuong).